Monday 16 November 2015

Statement

So far for this project I have realised that I want to put across my own interpretation of what billboards looks like to the general public. I believe that what I have shot already is defiantly a work in progress, and that what I am trying to express through my book is open to interpretation. The initial drafts of my book do not work for what I wish to express. I truly believe that as I photograph more billboards around Cheltenham & Gloucester that the drafts of the book will gain more substance and aesthetics will improve.

There are photographs that I have taken that I am not happy and I know will not work in a book format, Images that I have taken for this project are weak, they do not work well individually within a set, I have also not shot some images in the style in which that I want to bring across. My intention was to photograph billboards within the natural environment in which they fall however the composition in some of my images hasn't included the surrounding area, just the advertisement.

I think that I am leading the work in the direction that I intend to, I am photographing the majority of the billboards within their natural context, and that the story they tell is not just what slogan they are portraying. I have even come across a number of baron billboards that could lead to another angle altogether.

With this work I have always intended to put across my own interpretation of what billboards appear to look like, within their own context as they are positioned within their own unique locations, with different environments surrounding them.

I will continue to shoot more billboards that will add to my current portfolio of images for this project, I will be able to select a more relevant batch of images as they will portray more advertising concepts, less baron billboards however the blank & taken over images do give a different and somewhat interesting perspective. I will also continue to determine a sequence that aesthetically works, establish a leading image that works of the cover, with a font & text that effectively reflects what I want the book to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment