Sunday 25 October 2015

First Images

This week I have starting taken the first photos for my billboards project, I'm still yet to land on a perspective to show but the best way to find one is to start shooting. I've only photographed a handful of billboards around St Pauls thus far but intend to explore more around Cheltenham and even Gloucester in the coming weeks. I set out with a 35mm prime lens with a tripod and a shutter release cable to achieve the sharpest images possible, It was a slightly overcast day that got brighter towards the evening, which provided a nice grey colouring to the images which is what I'm hoping for due to the mundane everyday subject matter. I will try and recapture these billboards, among some new ones too at different time of the day, in different weather, maybe even night-time to see the differences in light and if it can improve the images. I also shot the last one from a higher vantage point to vary the images, a tactic first used to avoid the traffic distracting the image.

1/8th f22 ISO100
1/8th f22 ISO100
1/15th f22 ISO100
1/10th f22 ISO100

No comments:

Post a Comment