Tuesday 20 October 2015

Perspective

When producing a body of work that will be transformed into a book it is important that I photograph with a perspective that can be represented by a narrative and flow between the pages. At the moment I still don't really have a solid subject matter that I know I will be photographing but have researched a few things that have helped me refine a perspective to hold.


In this very critical review series Bruce Gilden produces a few words of wisdom that can hopefully improve what I can produce by deciding what I want to say and how to say it.

I have also come across a work from last years Reflections class Thank I appreciate and can relate to 'Old King Coal' by Les Curle documents what remains above the coalfields of South Wales, home. I think the imagery used is varied and flows well as a book, with an informative foreword that allows the viewer a chance to understand the photos better, to decide for themselves if regeneration has worked for the valleys. Following the images comes more information that suggests a reignition for coal mining within the area, so the book ends having come full circle somewhat.

Finally I have also just come across this on Issuu from Les that I like:

No comments:

Post a Comment