Monday 2 November 2015

Cheltenham Town Billboard

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ctfc
During the 2014/15 season in which they got relegated from League 2, Cheltenham Town saw a slump in attendances and a few hardy supporters came together in attempt to raise money for a billboard that sought to bring local football fans back to Whaddon Road, with the witty headline 'Better Than Manchester United'. The group crowd funded the project on the internet and raised over £1,000 for two locations in the town, the first was located on the side of the United Services Club on North Place, with the second opposite the train station. I shot it the day it went up on the 4th February but was stuck with my standard prime lens so couldn't get a wide establishing shot showing the surrounding context in it's environment, which is what I want for my billboard images for my current project.


No comments:

Post a Comment